Thursday, September 15, 2011

We're Sorry


So, if you read my articles (all both of you) you know that during my short time here, my posts have been, shall we say, erratic, as far as actual time and date of posting. Hey, things are hectic, what can I say? Starting this Saturday I'm going to redouble my efforts to get articles in on time, but, while I'm at it, I have a confession to make.

This is "supposed" to be a financial article, but the strategic disconnect there is I...suck at trading. I do. I'm reminded of a time in high school when I happily swapped my Bindered Birds of Paradise for two Avatar of Dischord. You can almost hear the creaking as the fiscally minded amongst you cringe, especially since, if I remember correctly, back in the day the Ravnica Birds was a $15-$18 dollar card. The reason for this is one tied intrinsically to the reason I even play the game in the first place; it's a damn fun game. You see, I'm a deck builder at heart, and as such, I care far more about what I can do with a card than what ebay (or the MGTO Classifieds, for that matter) can do with it, that is, turn it into muneez. It's true, I greatly undervalued that Birds, but I had far more fun with those Avatars behind a Hellbent Anthem of Rakdos than I ever would have had fixing the mana of my crappy Selesnya Saproling Deck. (the only green deck I played at the time) So with the renewal of the article, I'd also like to start taking it in a new direction. I want to start tackling the finace aspect in the way that, to me, most reflects actually playing Magic: the Gathering; cost effective deckbuilding. Yeah, go ahead and say I'm copying so-and-so, but the truth is almost every Magic venue from Dailymtg.com to Gatheringmagic.com to my favorite magazine of all time, Inquest Gamer (do they even still print that anymore?) has had some sort of article devoted to building decks that don't rack up a triple-digit price tag. I feel this is the area where my talents can best be utilized under the banner of financial advice. So, wish me luck, or don't and burn in Hell. See ya at my regularly scheduled Saturday (for a change)

No comments:

Post a Comment