Wednesday, April 27, 2016

My new tier 1 Modern deck

As I announced last week, I have changed my main deck for Modern.

I am now playing Naya Burn.


Main deck
4 Goblin Guide
2 Grim Lavamancer
4 Monastery Swiftspear
4 Eidolon of the Great Revel
4 Lava Spike
4 Lightning Bolt
1 Shard Volley
4 Boros Charm
1 Lightning Helix
3 Searing Blaze
2 Skullcrack
4 Rift Bolt
4 Bloodstained Mire
3 Sacred Foundry
2 Stomping Ground
4 Wooded Foothills
2 Mountain
4 Windswept Heath
4 Atarka's Command

Sideboard
2 Deflecting Palm
1 Lightning Helix
4 Kor Firewalker
1 Searing Blaze
2 Path to Exile
4 Destructive Revelry
1 Smash to Smithereens

Windswept Heath should really be Scalding Tarn or Arid Mesa but they are just out of my price range (and dangerous investments) right now. Windswept Heath is worse but I figured it is good enough for testing. 

Here is an initial match with the deck



Here are some Naya Burn resources I am using:

Red Deck Winning's guide to Naya Burn: https://reddeckwinning.com/2016/01/18/the-modern-burn-bible/

The mtgsalvation Burn primer and forum discussion: http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/tier-1-modern/650623-burn

Now I am going to play 100 practice matches, construct a sideboard plan and then I am ready to rumble!

No comments:

Post a Comment