Sunday, January 22, 2017

The top ten decks in Modern after the bannings

Gitaxian Probe and Golgari Grave-Troll were banned. What happened with the metagame? Lets have a look.



As of today, Jan 22 2017, this is the top ten decks of the Magic Online metagame.

1. Abzan (10% of the metagame)
2. Jund (7,6%)
3. Tron (7,1%)
4. Affnity (5,7%)
5. Burn (5,1%)
6. Titan Shift (4,4%)
7. Bant Eldrazi (4,4%)
8. Amulet Titan (3,8%)
9. Grixis Control (3,3%)
10. Ad Nauseam (3%)

If the aim of banning Gitaxian Probe was to get rid of combo that did not really happen.

Dredge is nowhere to be seen so it seems Golgari Grave-Troll was extremely critical to the deck.

GBx is back in force. I guess that is only natural. Much like aggro is often the better choice in a new Standard format, GBx is always the safe choice n a new Modern format. Grim Flayer seems to be doing some work.

I am amazed at the success of Tron. I had counted Tron out. I was definitely wrong. At some point I will get back to playing it. I am still playing Burn and enjoying it very much.

Overall the metagame looks very healthy. Look, there is even a control deck in there!


No comments:

Post a Comment