Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A Magic 2015 Draft

The Expected Value of M15 drafts are down the drain right now at -5.05 tickets. If you win 50% you are basically giving away 5.05 tickets to draft. That is a lot compared to most draft formats. However, the format is very fun and I decided - again - to play it.

The Draft



The Deck
After that exercise, I ended up with the following deck.

18 Mana
9 Mountains
6 Islands
2 Forests (just for Kird Chieftain)
1 Meteorite

5 Spells
1 Peel From Reality
1 Inferno Fist
1 Lightning Strike
1 Into the Void
1 Divination

17 Creatures
1 Welking Tern
1 Generator Servant
1 Goblin Kaboomist
1 Torch Fiend
1 Chasm Skulker
1 Frost Lynx
1 Goblin Roughrider
3 Krenko's Enforcer
2 Kird Chieftain
2 Juggernaut
1 Nimbus of the Isles
2 Will-Forged Golem

Relevant sideboard cards
Bronze Sable
Negate
Void Snare
2 Dissipate
1 Coral Barrier
1 Encrust
1 Statute of Denial

Round 1
My opponent was playing GB graveyard shennanigans. I would need to tempo him out before he got going as his lategame was a lot stronger than mine.



Round 2
This opponent was playing GW which meant that he had a very hard time interacting with my Enforcers and Chasm Skulker.


Round 3
So there I was, in the final. My opponent had gone for the Brood Keeper deck. Is that deck real? Well, we are about to find out


Overall, I am quite satisfied with my performance in this draft and I really want to play more of them. The total value of the cards I drafted was about 0,4 tix, so my loss was pretty bad, about 5,6 tickets. About average for the format then. Can't do too many of these if I want to stay infinite.

Bonus video: The Broodkeeper Experiment
 I try to go for the WR Broodkeeper deck here.


Bonus video: Bava 3-0s this draft with UB aggro.

Bonus video: My first M15 draft







No comments:

Post a Comment