Thursday, May 7, 2015

Now that Tempest Remastered is here.....

DazeHi Everyone!
Yesterday was the release day for Tempest Remastered. Wastelands are down to about $25 and everything else is pretty cheap. The next most expensive card is around $5. It seems like the mission to lower cards from Tempest block online has been achieved.

I don't know how many of you are eternal format players online, but the price of a card is significantly manipulated by its popularity mostly in Modern and Legacy. While I play Vintage a lot more than the two others, it's just not that popular. In fact, the daily event didn't fire on time and I waited about 10 minutes before I left.

It's not a secret that I'm not a huge fan of Modern because there are two kinds of decks, combo decks and decks that are designed to disrupt combo decks until they can win. There are some "control" options but I don't see any of them winning any major tournaments. It was always Pod (when it was legal) and Twin (a combo deck with a weak but sometimes adequate backup plan).

So, now that I can't play in the Vintage Daily because i got impatient, I decided to check out the Legacy tournament practice room. I was blown away. There were a ton of games going on and when I whipped up a deck and entered I had an opponent in a few seconds.

I think Legacy is a great idea and is a good format but until recently never played it. I didn't realize that it's so vibrant online. I don't completely see the allure over Vintage online (other than price) but it is popular.

I mostly focused on Standard and Modern cards. I think now especially that Tempest Remastered is out to get into Legacy cards. I have talked about it before that even when cards come out and drop in price (like Wasteland) that they end up pushing up prices of other cards that aren't released. Look at Wasteland last summer when Vintage Masters was out, the price was at an all time high.

No comments:

Post a Comment