Sunday, April 20, 2014

My party with Bogbrew Witch

Long ago I made a promise to my YouTube subscribers that there would be 100 M14 videos on youtube.com/MagicGatheringStrat. At the time, I was playing a lot of M13 Draft and I was enjoying it so I figured it was a good idea.

Now it was time to deliver on that promise.

When grinding the M14 drafts and sealed, I got some experience with the format and before this tournament I was enjoying a 13-0 win streak - 13 straight wins playing M14 limited.

So I decided to draft the Bogbrew Witch deck in a Swiss draft. Could I get to 16-0 playing what many consider a joke deck?

This is the draft




This is the deck list I played.

10 Swamp
7 Mountains

3 Festering Newt
1 Bubbling Cauldron
1 Bogbrew Witch

1 Tenacious Dead
1 Gnawing Zombie
1 Lifebane Zombie
1 Ragathan Firecat
2 Undead Minotaur
1 Accursed Spirit
1 Marauding Malhorn
1 Pitchburn Devils

1 Shock
1 Doom Blade
3 Lithurgy of Blood
2 Mind Rot
1 Chandra's Outrage

Relevant sideboard cards

1 Bubbling Cauldron
1 Mind Rot
1 Wring Flesh
1 Rod of Ruin

And what a tasty brew she brewed! :)

You will have to watch the video to see how much damage one witch can do. Rumbling Baloths, Water Servants, Slivers ... they are all going into the cauldron!


I even got a Rage of The Week in the second match for my podcast Pauper to the People. It will appear in episode #153.



No comments:

Post a Comment