Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Strategies for trading and negotiating in general - Part 1



Hi everyone!
Today, I am starting a series on trading buying and selling on Magic Online (it applies to paper too). The reason I’m writing about this is because I once posted about unethical trade/sale tactics online and was shocked that most people are fine with getting screwed. I’m not okay with that so I’m going to tell you how not to get screwed. Before the Khans release in paper I tried purchasing some booster boxes early.  I was unable to make the purchase before the release date. I did however run into an owner of a store who reminded me of something. 

He reminded me of myself when I was younger and had my first sales job. It was interesting because every single sentence he said reminded me of a high pressure salesman. He wasn’t so direct, but every single statement was to persuade me in one direction or another.

That happened to me in a brick and mortar establishment, but it applies online too. It seems to happen a lot less online because transactions are over the internet and data regarding prices or pretty much whatever is available in a few clicks.

Once online I had a guy post a sale ad and then try to raise the price once the trade was initiated. I’ll discuss this bait and switch tactic too. This series will focus on trading and things you should never do and things you should always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment