Thursday, June 2, 2011

Controlling your bots from distance


Did you know that you don't need to have a monitor attached to your bot server?
I have my server in my wardrobe with only a power cable, network cable and a mouse. Using LogMeIn I can control my bots from any computer with an internet connection and a web-browser. LogMeIn offers a free remote desktop service called "LogMeIn Free", they got an excellent web-browser feature so you don't need to install any software on the computer you want to connect from.
To get started simply register an account on their website and look for the page "LogMeIn Free" in the menu and you will see to the right a link "My Computers". When you view your computers the first time the list will be empty, to add your bot's computer to the list, simply logon to the bot computer and visit their site and press "Add computer" and follow the instructions. In no time you will have all your bots attached to this awesome free service.

No comments:

Post a Comment