Sunday, March 9, 2014

Procrastination, part 1

According to wiki procrastination is the practice of carrying out less urgent tasks in preference to more urgent ones, or doing more pleasurable things in place of less pleasurable ones, and thus putting off impending tasks to a later time, sometimes to the "last minute".
Wouldn't it be lovely if you could take a look at your today's to-do list and without any hesitation, just take the action? Crossing out done things and starting new tasks one after another so that in the afternoon with a sense of pride indulge in relaxation and pleasure. It may seems as impossible. Read on, because there is a way. There are many reasons for not acting, even when so you want to so much. What can block you? Perhaps your lack of motivation, because you plan to do something what you don't want deep inside, perhaps you have a habitual, limiting thought patterns, and perhaps your mental and physical condition you will not allow it.

For several years I was quite effective procratinator. One day, when I started to count the number of wasted hours in a month (what resulted in a mental kick in the ass, the motivation in pure form) I decided to put an end to this irritating habit. I researched the subject of  procrastination. Thanks to this action, I learned alchemy of dealing with procrastination. Well, I uprooted bad habits from my life. It turns out that there are some really good ways to deal with procrastination and in the next part I'm going to tell you more about it. For now, I'm leaving you with a quote "Procrastination is like a credit card: it's a lot of fun until you get the bill" - Christopher Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment