Monday, August 15, 2011

How much tixs do I need? (to run a successful bot)




When I started my personal bot back in 2007, I had a very small collection (2000-3000 cards), and a question running in my mind: “how much tixs do I have to spend to purchase new cards and enlarge the collection” ? In fact I was aware that a bot with 2000-3000 cards would never have been a cash-machine, given the presence of much stronger actors on the market. In a nutshell, I was aware that I would have spent a lot of tixs to purchase cards. 


I found a number of “rulesto optimize the way you spend your tixs.

1)    Do not put all the tixs in the bot at once. For instance, if you have have 1000 tixs, do not put them all at once, but put 100 or 150 every week. 
2)      When the collection is small (<10.000 cards), use very low buying prices, since you will need “volume” rather than “quality”.
3)      Put tixs on your bot at the rate of 100-150 every week for at least 6 months. 6 months is the average time a bot needs to grow a decent collection and be well-known on the market.
4)      If able, purchase collections via eBay, since the overall price is cheaper.
5)      Do not purchase foils, or set the foil correction (Corrections tab) to be very low

During the first 2-3 months don’t lose heart, since you will probably see a low volume of sales – this is ok and this is good:  this prevents too many actors to enter the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment