Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Modern Noob Finale

The Modern Noob is my series about learning Modern. It has been going on since October and is scheduled to end with me choosing a deck to play in a Premier Event in the first week of June (June 2nd-6th).

There are three decks remaining out of a total of 11 decks that have been played.

Soul Sisters
Deck list and details here: http://mtgolibrary.blogspot.se/2013/11/decks-of-modern-noob-soul-sisters.html

I played (and won) five matches in a row with Soul Sisters this week. Video below.


My record with Soul Sisters is now 41-11 in practice. That is 79% of matches won. Seems fairly solid. I am working on finalizing the sideboard plan. It is the #1 candidate in the Modern Noob right now.

Tron
Tron is the newest deck in the Modern Noob.

Deck list here: http://mtgolibrary.blogspot.se/2014/03/a-new-deck-for-modern-noob.html

I am having so much fun with Tron, but I am still extremely new to the deck and make a ton of mistakes in every match.

Recent video here:

I am 5-3 with the deck (63%) and I need a ton more experience if this deck is going to play the Premier in June.


Goblins
This is the Goblins deck by Alex Serrano.

I have talked about the details of this deck here: http://mtgolibrary.blogspot.se/2014/01/decks-of-modern-noob.html

What this deck has that none of the others have is brewer support. I appreciate that. Once again, thanks, Alex.

Here is a recent match with Goblins:



My record with Goblins is now 10-6 in practice. That is 63% of matches won.

The Modern Noob on mtgolibrary
I will report on my progress in The Modern Noob every Sunday here on mtgolibrary until June 8th, when I will report how the Premier Event did and then sell all my Modern cards when they peak like crazy during Modern PTQ Season. I will start playing the format again in September after rebuying everything I need.

The full play list
If you want to see all the crazy decks I have tried and how it went, check out The Modern Noob Season 1 playlist here:




No comments:

Post a Comment