Sunday, October 25, 2015

Battle for Zendikar makes me less happy than I thought it would

Sunken HollowHi Everyone,
I'm in a rant and rave mood. I'm going to rant and rave about Battle for Zendikar. I just think the hype didn't match the product.

Yeah, there are good cards and the Expeditions are cool, but I think that's not technically Battle for Zendikar. Really we got man-lands that I personally don't feel are anywhere as good as the original Zendikar man-lands.

I also think the "battle lands" are awesome in standard and clearly favor multi color decks designed to play the long game. But, are the battle lands going to be as great as we think? I'm not thinking so. They have the provision that I need two basics in play to come into play untapped. The problem is that Legacy and Vintage have real dual lands that always come into play. Modern decks rarely play basics. If they need duals, there are better options than the battle lands.

I think it's cool that they are fetchable but having a deck loaded with fetches is as hard on the old life total as a bunch of shock lands.

No comments:

Post a Comment