Monday, September 14, 2015

It's unbelievable! Lantern Control Won a Grand Prix.

Hi Everyone!
I don't know if everyone heard, but it made me laugh...hard.

The Lantern Control deck won GP Oklahoma.

It's funny because the deck is silly.

What makes it notable for me is that (at least at GP Oklahoma) the Modern metagame seems to have shifted from what it used to be with a couple decks played by most of the players who did well. I'm talking about twin and Pod (I know pod is gone, but it was tier 1 the entire time it existed in modern).

The format seems much more diverse, that's fun and I think it's great that so many different decks were in the top 8 of the tournament.

I also think that Lantern Control being able to win really shows that decks have shifted a lot from Jund from when Deathrite Shaman was everywhere in Jund. Seriously, does anyone think Lantern Control could have beaten old school Modern Jund? I for one do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment