Monday, July 8, 2013

Bot efficiency- Get the most out of your bot.

Hello fellow botters,

This past week I have visited a lot of mtgolibrary  bots, some new, some small, and some that are very successful, to get a better idea on the economics of botting. Today we are going to talk about efficiency, I am sure we all know was this means but here is a definition anyways:

ef·fi·cien·cy

  [ih-fish-uhn-see]  Show IPA
noun, plural ef·fi·cien·cies.
1.
the state or quality of being efficientcompetency in performance.
2.
accomplishment of or ability to accomplish a job with a minimum expenditure of time and effort: Theassembly line increased industry's efficiency.
3.
the ratio of the work done or energy developed by a machine, engine, etc., to the energy supplied toit, usually expressed as a percentage.

When I visited the bots this week I noticed 3 things that could be more efficient, speed, ad space, and capital.


Speed - Some bots took up to 3 minutes to fully load, that is simply not good business. 20 seconds or less is fast but 20-40 seconds is acceptable. Don't run more bots than your hardware can handle, You could ruin your hard ware and this creates slow bots. I suggest with our current client allocate 1.2 gb of ram and to allocate 1 processor to your Virtual machine. Ideal conditions would be 2gb of ram per Virtual machine. If your bots are taking a long time to load I can assure you that you are losing customers, sometimes less is more.  


Ad space - I noticed people were using the basic messages when their bot loaded up, such as "welcome to my bot" and "thank you, have a great day". When you bot loads up you have 5 total lines of ad space, USE IT. You can list your other bots there, advertise your website, list your email, offer special promotions, and much much more. Example of one of my bots: Draftshredder1. My ending message is "Please add us to your buddy list and have a shredtastic day" Yes corny I know, but it kinda makes you laugh. People remember stuff like that. Basic message here - Utilize your space!

Capital - I saw numerous bots advertising buying expensive cards and then when I open trade with them that had 4 tickets on their bot. You will never make any money on your bots if you can't buy cards. This deters people from ever coming back to your bot as well. 

If you make your bot more efficient in these 3 categories, You will make more money!

Have any questions? 
Please email me: Jason@mtgolibrary.com
In game message me: Teamstoge
Or skype message: Mtgolibrary.support

- Teamstoge
- www.mtgotickets.com Buying and selling Magic Online event tickets - Were always in stock

No comments:

Post a Comment