Sunday, June 8, 2014

The end of the Modern Noob

The Modern Noob has ended.

Lets summarize it. But first - what was The Modern Noob?

The Modern Noob was my series about learning Modern. It started in October 2013.

Learn more about the Modern Noob here: http://mtgolibrary.blogspot.se/2014/04/the-modern-noob-finale.html



Statistics summary
I played ten decks in The Modern Noob. Here are their match scores  (wins-losses and win%)

Soul Sisters 48-13 (79%)
Gruul Blood Moon 13-6 (68%)
Tron 16-8 (67%)
Taking Turns 10-5 (67%)
Hartford Red 40-23 (63%) including 3-1 in a Daily before the Modern Noob started
Goblins 13-8 (62%)
Mono Black Infect 5-5 (50%)
Death and Taxes 6-7 (46%)
Elemental Combo 2-8 (20%)
Restore Balance 1-4 (20%)

I played four of these decks in tournaments. Lets check out how I did.

My biggest success was with Taking' Turns in this PRE



I played Gruul Blood Moon in an 8-mans


I failed totally with Soul Sisters in an 8-man and 0-2:d the final Daily Event.

The big final event was my Daily Event with RG Tron.





What did I learn?

I learned that Modern is fantastic. I had so much fun doing this.
I learned that you guys loved Modern and I had many more viewers than I ever expected.
I learned that Modern is a format that rewards focused practice
I learned that my old rule of playing 100 matches with a deck before taking it to a tournament was a good rule which I broke here.

Finally, what could I do differently next time? Let me know in the comments below or in the comments to this video.




This video also contains some ideas about what I want to do differently next time, including spending way more money on cards (thanks bots for making this possible).

Some of the deck lists: 
Soul Sisters http://mtgolibrary.blogspot.se/2013/11/decks-of-modern-noob-soul-sisters.html
Tron: http://mtgolibrary.blogspot.se/2014/03/a-new-deck-for-modern-noob.html

Thank you all for watching and reading about the Modern Noob. 



No comments:

Post a Comment