Sunday, December 8, 2013

How to survive the Born of the Gods release (or any new set)?

I am fairly new to botting. In the mtgolibrary manual, I read the following about running the pro version of the bot: "The Pro version of the Bot buys and sells cards based on card value. The Bot receives the prices from the CardsMTGO3.txt file that can be automatically or manually downloaded and is kept up to date by ML Bot staff. Each time this file is downloaded a maintenance fee of 0.20 tickets is added to the Bot’s overall fee. It is important to keep this file relatively up to date, especially when a new set or expansion is about to come out. "

So as the owner of a very small bot, how do I ensure that I do not lose all of my tickets when Born of the Gods is released? What if I can't monitor my bots 24/7?




Before I proceed, I wish to make clear that I am no expert. Having said that, I will tell you of my plan.

I will not touch Born of the Gods until March 1st. I will let the prerelease, release and the Pro Tour pass Before I let my bot buy or sell anything from the set.

I might speculate, but I will do so manually, buying and selling from bots brave enough to face the onslaught.

This is what I think I know about the release:

February 1st: Prerelease starts. Prices will be extremely inflated. It would be good to sell stuff, but I will probably not play the prerelease and if I did, I would be in a hurry to sell and would probably sell to someone else's bot.

February 7th: Release starts. Prices are coming down, but are still very high.

Somewhere around February 18th: Prices are at a low point before the PT spike. This would be the time to buy stuff. If I am feeling brave, I might let the bot buy Born of the Gods cards here.

February 21st: Pro Tour Born of the Gods start. Some cards spike hard and must be sold immediatly, which means it is probably better to sell them manually to other bots (if I have them for some reason).

Long-term we already know that the best time to invest in Born of the Gods will probably be mid June, as per this article: http://mtgolibrary.blogspot.se/2013/11/when-to-invest-in-fall-set-theros-for.html  That would be with the intention of selling into the PTQ Standard spike of February 2015.

OK, now that I have stated my very defensive stance, tell me how you are going to handle this and teach me how to do it when Journey into Nyx comes around.

Until then, let us Dream of Xenagos the god kicking the crap out of Ajani.




The Most Important thing about MTGO finance: http://mtgolibrary.blogspot.se/2013/10/the-most-important-thing_23.html

When do you sell your card? http://mtgolibrary.blogspot.se/2013/11/when-to-sell-magic-online-card.html

No comments:

Post a Comment