Sunday, December 6, 2015

Super Expensive Standard

Hi Everyone,
It appears to me lately that standard is super, duper expensive. I mean let's have a look:



I took that from mtggoldfish.com for those curious. $500+ (assuming tix are $1) for Standard?!?!?!?!?!

Yeah, I didn't read that wrong, so why is this happening?

When we look at the break down, almost $300 is Jace (or Jaces? I'm not sure the plural of Jace). 4 copies runs $284.52 at the time of this writing.

Three mythics in the deck (four copies of two and two copies of another total almost $150. That's steep but the cards are Monastery Mentor, Gideon, and Dragonlord Ojutai.

Now, the real lemon juice on the papercut. Land in this deck costs over $100. LAND in STANDARD!!!!!!

The high land price is because of the fetches in Khans combining with the Battle for Zendikar Lands (that won't make it in modern if you ask me).

So what's the deal? It looks like 80% of the deck price is because of Mythics and the other 20% is rares. Interesting that all the non-land cards that are more than about $1 are mythics. Just making an observation regarding the Mythic habits of R & D.

No comments:

Post a Comment