Thursday, July 7, 2011

New Commander Precons Online

EDH Commander was released online on Monday and I for one am excited. I’m still relatively new to Commander myself but I have to say it’s some of the best fun I’ve had in magic ever. Epic battles and even more epic maneuvers, opponents ranging from friendly to just pure evil, it’s MTG at it’s finest!

There are 5 different preconstructed decks available in the MTGO Store for $29.99.

Heavenly Inferno – A WBR deck based around Angels, Demons and Dragons

Mirror Mastery – A RUG deck full of spell duplication antics

Counterpunch – BGW deck full of you guessed it, counters

Political Puppets – An interesting RWU deck which challenges you to make friends with your enemies

Devour For Power – BGU deck which harnesses the powers of graveyard recursion

The new precon decks represent great value for players, with some of the new cards already commanding high trade prices. Here’s a quick roundup of some of the high value cards in the decks

Chaos Warp (Political Puppets) - $17

Damia, Sage of Stone (Devour for Power) - $6

Edric, Spymaster of Trest (Mirror Mastery) - $16

Homeward Path (Mirror Mastery) - $11

Kaalia of the Vast (Heavenly Inferno) - $8.50

Scavenging Ooze (Counterpunch) - $13

Scavenging Ooze is my pick from the set as it might see play in Legacy as graveyard hate, I also suspect the release of these precons might bring down the price of some EDH staples such as Sol Ring, Solemn Simulacrum and Eternal Witness since they will be more widely available.

And with that I'm off to start building my new EDH deck :-)

Happy Trading!

No comments:

Post a Comment