Friday, July 1, 2011

Yet Another Banning?

So the Powers that Be decided to ban Stoneforge Mystic and Jace, the Mind Sculptor in the Standard format. I have one question to ask the reader:
Is anyone really surprised?

Seriously, is there anyone out there who didn't expect this to happen?


My 2₵ is that Wizards of the Coast should have known that this was inevitable and I want to thank WotC for giving me the topic for my next series on here.
I am going to devote this series on going back over the Color Wheel, the history of Magic banned cards, and hopefully draw some conclusions that point to the inevitability that these cards should not have been printed in the first place because they would have to be banned. I hope to prove that their internal play testing did not do an adequate job of deck building and card testing to not see the “obvious” ways to abuse these cards.
I also intend to go through Wizard's presser and show how that they should have known that these cards would be banned.
So sit back and enjoy the ride. For those who celebrate it, enjoy the Fourth of July Weekend and to viewers in Canada, Happy Canada Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment