Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Another chapter in the Windows 10 Saga

Just another update if everyone is thinking of updating to Windows 10 with VirtualBox. Don't!

Windows 10 has the lovely feature that it auto updates. I can't choose when they happen anymore and it makes my computer restart at random times.

Unfortunately, this means my virtual machines aren't running until I can get to my computer. It's a shame, but it's how it is until Windows is changed from forced auto updates.

Just wanted to share an update.

4 comments:

  1. Does the bot auto-restart not work in 10? Either way, I guess you can disable this "feature" in the group policy editor: http://windowsinstructed.com/prevent-windows-10-from-automatically-restarting-after-updating

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still have to test the auto-restart on Windows 10. Probably Windows 10 changed the way application automatically starts

    ReplyDelete
  3. We still have to test the auto-restart on Windows 10. Probably Windows 10 changed the way application automatically starts

    ReplyDelete