Thursday, August 20, 2015

Magic is in a sad state if you ask me



Hi Everyone!

Lately, I have been nothing but disappointed with Magic as a card game. The existing game is great, but Battle for Zendikar is fixing to be a major let down.

Seriously, let's look at the glaring miss of no fetches in BFZ. Why are there no Zendikar Fetches in Zendikar 2? Fetches are what really made Khans of Tarkir an anticipated set.

Now let's look at the mythic that was spoiled a while ago.




















When did we go from Emrakul, to this as our mythic? Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's cheaper than emrakul, but still, it's a very un-Eldrazi Eldrazi.

I don't know how everyone else feels about this, but I think it's been nothing but disappointment for for me regarding BFZ so far.

There better be some sweet cards coming because we don't want worse two color man lands, we want equally powerful man-lands.

Anyway, I think one of the things we loved about Zendikar were the sweet cards, many of which are playable in Modern, worse man-lands won't make the Modern cut. I think Wizards gets scared of power creep then backs off a lot in a single set, I think they either need to ramp down, or spend more time not printing over powered cards (we wouldn't complain about a 3/4 Celestial Colonnade type land if the original Celestial Colonnade had been a 3/3).

Anyway. I'm dissappointed in Wizards about this set so far. I hope they change my mind and remembered that the set is about the Land, not something else that's just set on Zendikar.

No comments:

Post a Comment