Thursday, August 6, 2015

I have made mistakes, don't make them yourself.

Hi Everyone!

This week I began feeling ill on Monday and made it a short day so I could rest. Tuesday, I woke up even worse. Yesterday, I thought I was going to die. Luckily, I didn't die yesterday and I am feeling much better than yesterday, but I am still very much under the weather. When I was at home, not working, I got a notification on my computer that Windows 10 was available and saw that it was reviewed as "better than windows 8" so I upgraded when it asked me. It didn't take long and the only notable difference is the start menu isn't that lame one that takes up the entire screen.

Oh, yeah. There was one other difference. My bots run on virtual machines through VirtualBox.  I don't know if anyone else uses VirtualBox but I thought it's important to point this out if you do. VirtualBox doesn't run on Windows 10. I went online and found an "unsupported" test build that "works" with Windows 10. I installed it and rebooted. Now I can run VirtualBox but I can't launch my virtual machine. VirtualBox is good with getting fixes out so hopefully I'll be back up in a day or two.

I realize that many of you don't run VirtualBox and this doesn't apply to you, but if you do, this could be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment