Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Failure (Part 2)

Often the difference between a successful person and a failure is not one has better abilities or ideas, but the courage that one has to bet on one's ideas, to take a calculated risk -- and to act.  - Maxwell Maltz

There have been many books written about how to achieve success.  That’s because success does not come naturally.  There has not been much written on failure for a similar reason: failure is easy to achieveYou have to work to succeed.  You do not have to do anything to fail.

Last time I mentioned a conversation I had with an acquaintance of mine  about how I am making a profit running bots and how he can do the same as well.  His emotional response I posted last time.  However, it did get me thinking…  if we know why bots fail, we can not do those things and therefore, be more successful.

However, we also need to be careful.  We simply can not use a simplistic definition like “not being a success” or unrealistic expectations like “The bot business is a failure if the bot does not make 600 tickets in profits within the first hour.”  Just like we have to define success, we also need to define failure.  Fortunately for us, my acquaintance defined some of that in our initial conversation and I will address those next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment