Monday, September 1, 2014

Fetches in Khans of Tarkir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Hi Everyone!
I’m sure everyone has heard by now that the original allied color fetch lands from Onslaught will be in Khans of Tarkir. That’s great because they are one of the major barriers to players getting into Legacy. My initial thought is that Wizards could print the Zendikar fetches in the next set or the next block. I don’t know what is going to happen. All I can say as of right now you should unload any allied fetches and pick them up after Khans comes out. 

My first impression is that this is great for Modern. It gives people a way to play Modern with fetches, that are practically a necessity without having to spend a fortune on the Zendikar fetches. I can go on and on about the specific things that are accomplished by the Onslaught Fetches in Standard but I boiled it down to two basic things happening.

First, it allows players the accessibility to play the older formats. This is good for everyone because no matter what cards they reprint, other cards in the format will get more expensive and make up the difference. If a ton of people get into Modern because of the fetches, they will buy up all the other cards needed for modern too and drive their prices up. If you don’t have all your money in fetches, then you’ll actually be doing better after the fetches get reprinted than if they hadn’t been reprinted.
Second, it is a new tool for Modern. Modern didn’t have allied fetches ever. This is a new and exciting development that will make Modern a more interesting format it will make good mana bases easier in the format. And, it will make already excellent mana bases even better. All in all, I think this is a great development for Magic and all the “eternal” formats (including Modern).
 
The only other thing that I’m thinking initially about new cards that certainly will see play in Modern is that (I have said it before) over a long enough time period, all the eternal formats will look almost the same. They won’t eve




r be exactly the same, but will become more similar as time goes on. The allied fetches are a perfect example of this and I don’t know what it means about the format as a whole.

I do know one thing about the fetches getting reprinted, they are going to be a great opportunity to invest and make some money on the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment