Sunday, May 17, 2015

Collected Company in Modern

Hi Everyone!

I have been playing a lot of Modern. I knew Collected Company was a powerhouse in Standard so I thought, what can it do in Modern?

I apologize because I recorded about 5 matches but my computer didn't render them properly and the file was corrupt. Needless to say, I was disappointed.

Instead, I want to highlight some of the interesting interactions in the deck. I played against and beat Soul Sisters when in both games they had a turn 1 soul sister and a turn two Ajani's Pridemate. I ended up just barely being able to race.

The deck seems pretty much superior to every regular creature deck but it was weak to unfair decks like any combo and Tron.

The only creature deck I didn't beat all week was a Merfolk deck (I only lost one match against merfolk all week). He had double Merrow Reejery and a phantasmal image in his hand opening hand both games. It's hard to beat a deck when they tap down 3 creatures for each spell they play. Those were the two games he won. I won game two with an average draw to his average draw with several lords but only one Merrow Reejery.

Sorry that I don't have any video's today. I'll make some more and have them for you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment