Sunday, May 10, 2015

I remember Mirage like it was yesterday. Magic has come a long way since Mirage





Hi Everyone!

Happy Mothers Day!

Today I had a friend send a picture to me from an old Magic magazine. I remember reading "Scrye" when I first started playing. He said he came across the picture online and he didn't post it originally. Thank you to whoever found this gem!

It's an issue from when Mirage was the "new" set on sale. I remember the big hype was Grinning Totem. Honestly, I had to look up Grinning Totem just now to see what it even did. It's really bad, it lets me search their library for a card and play it. Not without paying it's mana cost. I still had to pay for the card if I wanted to play it, then it went into their graveyard anyway if I didn't play it. That is so much worse than so many things available. Even if you got an Ancestral Recall, it's 7 mana for Ancestral? It's 7U, they have Treasure Cruise for that. Also there's Jace's Ingenuity for 3UU (identical effect except it doesn't put it in your opponents graveyard). If you're going to get a creature just play Bribery. I guess the point I'm trying to make is to play cards that do things, not Grinning Totem.

Here's a real gem of a combo if you're into cards that do nothing.



Wall of Roots is the best you can do with "put a creature into play from your hand". I know creatures weren't like they are today, but seriously, this is hilarious. My favorite part is that the tip is to then use the card you just put into play to help play your next creature!

No comments:

Post a Comment