Monday, May 25, 2015

Modern Masters 2015 not worth it?


Hi Everyone!

This weekend is GP Vegas. It's one of the three simultaneous GPs for Modern Masters 2015. I'm pretty excited because Las Vegas is only about a four hour drive from where I live and I'm going. 

I know we have all read about all the archetypes in Modern Masters 2015 so I'm not going to get into them right now.

Anyway, enough rambling about the upcoming largest GP ever. The thing that has me concerned is that everywhere I go people seem to be writing that $10 per pack is too expensive for Modern Masters 2015. They say the EV is less than $10 per pack.

If I only said one thing today, and only make one point in this article, I want to point out that sets like Modern Masters 2015 need to have an EV of less than the sale price. The first Modern Masters had insane prices because people bought and hoarded the boxes. With there being less EV compared to price, the packs will likely be opened and played with. This will do what the set is designed to do, lower prices of Modern Staples.


That's all for now, I'll report next week with the happenings at GP Vegas.

Last week I posted about a green elf deck with Collected Company. It was a sweet deck that has been gaining popularity and is something you should check out if you haven't seen it yet!



No comments:

Post a Comment