Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Eldrazi in Modern?

Hi Everyone!
Warping Wail
I play a lot of Magic Online. This week I noticed everyone seemed to play a deck that I liked so I whipped it up and played several games. It was a mono black Eldrazi deck. It used Eye of Ugin to reduce costs and Urborg to make Eye tap for another mana totaling 3.It also uses Eldrazi Temples to ramp mana.

Anyway, the more I played with the deck I realized that the next set has at least 3 cards I will certainly run in some quantity in this deck and another 2 as cards I want to try to see if they are good.

From the looks of it, it may be the "new tron" deck. Tron is a tough matchup because turn 3 Karn Liberated is always hard to beat but if it's possible to break up tron without the opponent having a huge board advantage, it's completely winnable.

It's just a neat deck that seems to be everywhere now. I had a video set I intended to post but the file became damaged and can't be used so I'll have to record and post another set this weekend.

I'm really excited because the deck is already competitive and could be great after Oath of the Gatewatch is released.

No comments:

Post a Comment