Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Will Thought-Knot Seer be the disruption Tron needs to be the top deck?

Hi Everyone!
Thought-Knot Seer [OGW]
I'm exicted about a card in Oath of the Gatewatch. Thought-Knot Seer. It's a tidehollow sculler with a 4/4 body for 4 mana. That's pretty sweet. 

The real reason I'm writing today is that after the banning of Twin, all the Modern decks became these insane aggro decks. They were designed to kill as quickly as possible and could often kill on turn 3 or turn 4 through a Karn Liberated. I was having a heck of a time with Tron so I stopped playing it for a while.

Then I saw Thought-Knot Seer. It could be that critical piece of disruption against the very aggressive decks, it could take the Atarka's Command or the Boros Charm that's going to finish me off. 

The only think I'm concerned about is that 4 mana is a lot without tron so I wonder if Tron decks are going to shift to have mana rocks to give some ramp to play Thought-Knot. I think the Seer may not be enough on it's own, but with many of the other powerful cards in Oath of the Gatewatch, I think tron could reign supreme, until Urza's Tower gets banned.

No comments:

Post a Comment