Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Dragons of Tarkir Standard - White Weenie

Hi Everyone!

My last article showcased a modern deck that worked with the Dragons of Tarkir card, Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit. There are currently several playable decks in Standard. The format is as diverse as I've ever seen it. I like the way it is right now.

I hear a lot of chatter about what's going to happen when Theros rotates and that White Weenie could be a thing. A lot of these statements are spread on the back of the new Anafenza. I think Wizards has pretty clearly shown that the "weenie deck" now uses red creatures. I see a competitive red deck all over Magic Online. I doubt mono-white will actually be a deck as long as Khans is in Standard.

I do however thing that Anafenza could go into the current red/white aggro decks. The deck is very aggressive, uses creatures, and has white. There will probably be enemy fetch lands in Battle for Zendikar so there will be a ton of ways to get both red and white mana from lands.

In (the current format at least) there are so many "pushed" and very high power cards for very low costs that I think White Weenie isn't something that will be a great deck in the upcoming Standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment