Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The "Premium" Market

Hi Everyone!

As of late, I have been particularly interested in the market for "premium" (foil) cards. It started for me a while ago because I noticed that most cards were super inexpensive compared to their premium paper counterpart.

The exception to this rule is Mythics. The junk Mythics are generally more expensive than their paper counterpart because they are necessary for redemption. This goes for regular and foil Mythics.

It's basically a  hard rule that the foil version of a mythic is much more expensive than the non-foil version. I noticed that when sets are first released, this isn't the case. It's generally known that prices all drop after the set has been out for a while. I think this may not apply to the Foil Mythics. I haven't researched this much yet and only noticed it right when DTK was released.

I'm going to do some research and report back on this to let you all know what I find about the viability of the Mythic Foil market being lower when the set first comes out versus when redemption opens.

No comments:

Post a Comment