Monday, April 27, 2015

Working with Metal

Hi Everyone!

I have been back and forth on my feelings about Vintage. It's great because the format isn't shaken up a lot and it's nice to be able to play a deck for a long time. It's comforting to know my Vintage deck is there when I want to play it.

My first Vintage deck was Stax. It was the "big shops" build, with Kuldotha Forgemasters and various "tinker" targets. I have toyed with the build but never made any major changes until this week.

I have seen versions with Goblin Welders and with Metalworkers. The welder being a red creature was too big of a drawback. I decided to try out Metalworkers because I looked at them as essentially four more big mana producers. I sometimes can't cast my big spells like sundering titan or Staff of Nin in my previous build. I played a few rounds with the Metalworkers and Lightning Greaves.

I'm not completely convinced it's better because with the metagame running wild with aggro mentor/pyromancer decks, the metalworker has a huge target on its head if I don't get Greaves on it right away.

Below is the match I played. Below the video is the decklist I used. Happy viewing!






1 Mana Crypt
1 Mana Vault
1 Sol Ring
2 Mishra's Factory
4 Mishra's Workshop
1 Trinisphere
3 Sphere of Resistance
4 Lodestone Golem
4 Thorn of Amethyst
1 Strip Mine
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Chalice of the Void
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Ruby
1 Black Lotus
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Tolarian Academy
1 Crucible of Worlds
4 Wasteland
3 Kuldotha Forgemaster
1 Cavern of Souls
1 Blightsteel Colossus
1 Duplicant
4 Metalworker
3 Lightning Greaves
1 Staff of Nin
2 Phyrexian Metamorph
1 Karn, Silver Golem
1 Steel Hellkite

Sideboard:
3 Grafdigger's Cage
1 Witchbane Orb
4 Leyline of the Void
1 Crucible of Worlds
1 Sundering Titan
2 Phyrexian Revoker
2 Pithing Needle
1 Ghost Quarter

No comments:

Post a Comment